You don’t want that to be your story. Trust me – when a good girl walks out on you, it hurts bad.
But if you’re an average guy, you might not understand why chicks leave guys and what you can do to keep your girl around.
In this post, I’ll explain how you can:
- Get your girlfriend’s eyes to light up every time she sees you.
- Make sure she won’t find anyone better than you when she goes out.
- Hold on to the girl you care about on your terms.
- Get more of the things you like – steaks, massages, sexual favors – in your relationship.
Let’s start by understanding the why’s of women leaving men.
Reason #1 – She’s Less Inclined to Seek Approval Than You Are
Women get boatloads of approval everyday. They support each other; they’re physical with each other (hugs and kisses); they give each other compliments freely.
Not only that – strangers are nice to girls, especially attractive ones. From the guys hitting on her (every day) to the clerk at the mall, everyone’s giving your girlfriend compliments and attention.
You, on the other hand, get none of that good stuff.
That’s why your girl’s a lot less scared of breaking up than you are. She can get approval whenever she wants it. You, on the other hand, will struggle get any if you lose her.
Reason #2 – She Has More Options Than You
Remember how I said guys are hitting on your girl every day? Yeah.
Men aren’t all that picky. Your girlfriend has 5 guys who’d love to take her out right now in her phonebook. New dudes are hitting on her all the time, too. (I’ve been one of those “new dudes” many times).
Your girlfriend always has the option to find someone else without making any effort. Always keep that in mind.
Reason #3 – You’re Not Making Her Feel Like You Used To
Women often complain their boyfriends get lazier and lazier over time.
This makes sense as far as evolutionary psychology goes. When you start having sex with a girl, you subconsciously impregnate her. After successfully passing on your genes, you feel less inclined to make an effort.
That may have worked for our ancestors but it doesn’t work for us. My PUA mentors told me a woman needs to be seduced every day, not just once. He was right – if you’re not making her feel like you used to, you’ll get dumped. Always remember to do all the things that attracted her in the first place.
Reason #4 – She’s Tired of You Supplicating to Her
Because of Reasons #1 & #2, many men (correctly) feel their girlfriends can easily leave them. To prevent that, they start giving women everything they ask for.
I know a guy who lets his girlfriend terrorize him with jealousy. She freaks out if he so much as speaks to another girl. He understands this is crazy but does nothing out of fear of losing his woman.
This is a huge mistake. Girls love and respect strong, confident men. They hate pushovers who’ll do anything for them.
You do need to make an effort (see Reason #3) every day but being a wimp isn’t the answer. Always put your core values first – even if it feels like you might lose your girlfriend.
Reason #5 – You Don’t Know What You Want From Her
Here’s a little secret about women. Eventually, they want “something more”.
This could be a committed relationship, a ring (there’s even a theme song) or something else. You need to know if you want the same things – otherwise you’ll lose your chick or make some bad, bad decisions.
If you’re serious about your girlfriend, let her know; don’t flip-flop. I’m not saying you have to marry her, but give her some certainty about your future together.
If you don’t see a happy outcome for the two of you, be honest with her (and yourself). You’ll break up eventually – but there’ll be a lot less drama and pain.
Getting Your Girl to Stick Around – and Love You More
Understanding the reasons girls leave their guys so often is important.
But what you really want is to make your girlfriend’s heart sing every time she thinks of you. Being in a relationship with someone who’s deeply grateful to have you is an incredible feeling. Here’s how you can make that happen:
- Be romantic. This is important – women notice thoughtful gestures, especially in long-term relationships. Don’t take her for granted.
- Make an effort to look good. No relationship gut, no bummy clothes, etc.
- Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means disagreeing. As long as you’re not doing it for your ego, she’ll respect you for it.
- In light of the previous point, pick your battles. Learn to compromise and don’t fight over petty things.
- Hone your social skills. She has options – make sure you have some, too.
- When you’re together, make her feel like she’s the only woman in the world; give her your undivided attention.
- Build social circles. Being reliant on her for all your approval and positive emotions is a disaster waiting to happen.
- Know what you want and communicate it clearly. If you’re cool with committing, don’t be bashful about it.
- Be honest. Everyone screws up, but lying in order to be liked will make you revolting to most women.
And that’s that – a guide to why girls dump guys and how you can keep your girlfriend around!
If you enjoyed this post or have something to say about break-ups, write your message below. I always reply; we could have a fun conversation and learn something new .